A stomach ache can cause a lot of discomforts, and it keeps people from their daily activities. It is a feeling everyone is familiar with, regardless of your age or gender.
So, here are some tips that may help when your stomach is upset.
Visit the Washroom
Often people who experience a stomach ache, nausea, or general abdominal pain are simply in need of a bowel movement. Before you try anything else, then, try sitting on the toilet for a few minutes while leaning forward with your knees drawn up to your chest. This position naturally encourages bowel movement without undue stress.
- Don’t try to force a bowel movement by straining or pushing. Undue force can cause serious complications such as hemorrhoids.
- If you have blood in your bowel or your stool you should seek medical attention immediately, this is call hematochezia and hematemesis, respectively.
Apply a warm compress to your stomach
Warming your stomach area can help to relax your muscles and reduce any tightness or cramps. Use a hot-water bottle, microwaveable compress, or electric heating blanket and place it over your stomach for several minutes.
- If you don’t have any of the instruments listed above, fill a pillowcase or clean sock with some rice and microwave it for a minute or two.
Remember, there is no one right way to raise a child
There is definitely no one right way to raise a child. No matter how you raise your kids, other people will talk about it. It hurts when a family member criticises how you raise your kids, but a casual comment from a stranger can hurt just as much. Sometimes, the advice given is a pearl of wisdom that you should keep and use. But most of the time, it’s best to ignore these comments and move on.
The key is to know what to pay attention to and what to ignore. By asking yourself these questions, you can learn to tell the difference between good advice and bad criticism and how to respond to both.
Your kids don’t want you to be perfect. They want you to love them and do the best you can. If you’re doing that, then you’re doing fine. If someone tells you it’s not enough, you should definitely not listen to them.
Stand up and touch your toes
Your stomach ache could be due to indigestion issues. Mild indigestion can often be fixed by releasing some of the gas stored in your stomach and intestines. You can help your body do this by touching your toes and performing other, similarly simple exercises.
- For example, lie on your back with your legs and feet elevated, or crunch your knees to your chest while rocking gently. Elevating your feet will reduce pressure on the abdominal region, release pent-up gas, and relieve discomfort.
Let yourself vomit
If you’re seriously nauseated, your body might be telling you that it needs to vomit. This unpleasant action may seem like the worst-case scenario, but in fact, it’s your body’s way of expelling ingested bacteria, viruses, or food which are causing irritation. Just be sure to visit the doctor if you continue to vomit over several days, as it could indicate a serious underlying condition.
- If you’re nauseated but can’t vomit, try nibbling on some soda crackers or slipping on some anti-nausea magnetic bracelets to ease your queasiness.
- Vomiting can cause dehydration quickly, so drink electrolyte-supplemented sports drinks if you’re purging more than once. These replenish the sodium and potassium in your body which it needs in order to fight illness.
Take a hot bath
Immersing yourself in warm water will increase your circulation and relax your muscles. This can mitigate abdominal pain and also help to relieve any stress you’re experiencing. Stay in the bath for 15-20 minutes at least and add one or two cups of Epsom salt to help draw out inflammation.
Massage your stomach
Stomach cramping may be caused by muscle constriction. You can lessen this by giving yourself a gentle massage: apply light pressure to different areas of your stomach and back. Focus on parts that feel particularly sore but don’t overdo it and push or rub too hard.
- While massaging, focus on breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth. Deep breathing can help relax your muscles and distract you from the pain.
TYT Herbal Medicated Oil is a great remedy for stomach ache. It can expel stomach wind when rubbed onto your tummy to ease the pain.