Personal Data Protection Notice
We, Hong Yang Hoo Pharma Sdn Bhd and Hong Yang Hoo T.Y.T. Sdn Bhd (collectively “TYT”) recognise the importance of privacy and the sensitivity of personal data. As required under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, the purpose of this Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) is to inform you about how we collect and process your personal data when you access and use our website, participate in promotional activities, purchase our products or services, and/or interact with us including through the telephone or any communication with us.
When you do so, you hereby agree and consent to us using, collecting and processing your personal data in the manner contemplated in this Notice.
This Notice may be amended or updated from time to time. We advise you to check this Notice on our website at www.tyt.com.my from time to time for amendments or updates. By continuing to use our website or to communicate with us subsequent to any amendments or updates to this Notice, it would confirm and indicate your acceptance to the amendments or updates to this Notice.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
Personal data generally means any information that identifies you. Your personal data is collected and processed by us at the start when you access our website or interact with us and, from time to time, thereafter.
The type of personal data collected and processed by us includes:
- name, address, identity card/passport number, armed forces or police personnel number, nationality, race, gender, and interests;
- contact details including email addresses, telephone, mobile and facsimile numbers;
- social media handles and profile information available publicly;
- payment and bank information and (online) purchase history;
- geo-location information as shared through mobile phone, web (analytics), and other publicly available data monitoring and/or analytical tools;
- such other information relevant or required to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- any other information provided by you.
Source of Personal Data
Personal data collected will mainly be from you. However, some personal data may also be collected by us from other available sources including but not limited to online search tools, information obtained from third parties through lawful sources including advertisers, government department or agencies, public registries, publications, events, seminars, and conferences organised by or participated by TYT.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Your personal data is collected and processed for lawful purposes directly related to TYT activities including but not limited to the following:
- to verify your identity;
- to correspond with you;
- in relation to or in connection with you accessing our website for the taking of steps at your request with a view to enter into a contract;
- in relation to or in connection with your purchase of any of our products and/or services;
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements;
- for internal usage such as for operations and administrative purposes including administering your account, file management, investigations, reporting and audits;
- to perform surveys, research or analysis;
- to enforce or defend TYT’s legal rights or obtaining legal advice;
- to assist in the prevention, detection or investigation of crime or possible criminal activities or for the administration of justice; and/or
- for other purposes with your consent or directed by you.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data to Third Parties
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal data to third parties. Third parties to whom your personal data may be disclosed by us are as follows:
- any party directed by or consented to by you;
- any party for the purposes of compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- to relevant third parties in the event that all or part of TYT or all or part of TYT’s assets are acquire by, merged with, sold to, or otherwise disposed of to one or more third parties (including, without limitation, in the event of winding up);
- our data processors i.e. contractors we engage to process personal data on our behalf including but not limited to our corporate secretarial companies, archival storage, data entry service providers, website service provider, computer backup services, disaster recovery services, banks and financial institutions;
- and our professional advisors and financiers including but not limited to legal advisors, tax advisors, financial advisors, valuers, surveyors auditors and insurance brokers.
- any of our business partners from which we buy products or services to serve you as our customer.
Obligation to Provide Personal Data
We acknowledge that you have the right in deciding the information you wish to provide to us. The provision of the information listed above is voluntary in nature. However, please note that if you do not provide the information above or limit the way such information is to be processed, it may result in us not being able to:
- communicate or correspond with you;
- process your product order or provide the service required;
- deliver promotional material;
- distribute incentives, prizes, or gifts; and/or
- allow you access to our website.
Data Access and Data Correction
If you wish to request:
- for access to your personal data;
- for your personal data to be corrected or updated; or
- to withdraw your consent or limit the use of your personal data,
please submit your written request to
PDPA Compliance Officer
Hong Yang Hoo Pharma Sdn Bhd
429 Lebuh Pantai, 10300, Penang, Malaysia
An administrative charge may be imposed for any such request.
Further, we reserve the right to refuse your requests for any reasons permitted under law.
The accuracy and completeness of your personal data depend on the information you provide. We assume that the information you have provided is accurate, up to date and complete unless you inform us otherwise.
Where you provide any third party information to us including but not limited to your employer and family information, it is our assumption that such information is accurate, up to date and complete and that you have obtained the necessary consent to disclose the same.
In the event that there is any conflict between the English and national language version of this Notice, the English language version shall prevail.